- Pain or soreness with the jaw that is more prevalent in the morning or late afternoon.
- Clicking when opening or closing the mouth.
- Swelling on the side of the face.
- Sensitive teeth in the absence of dental problems.
- Difficulty opening and closing the mouth and or chewing.
- Upper and lower teeth that do not align properly.
- Stiffness or locked feeling in the jaw when talking, yawing or eating.
- Jaw pain when chewing, biting or yawning.
- Frequently waking up with headaches or experiencing frequent tension headaches.
- An earache in the absence of an infection.